Sister Mariah McCrea's Contact Information:

Email - mariah.mccrea@myldsmail.com

Ukraine Physical Address (For Postal Mail and Packages):

Sister Mariah Sargent McCrea
Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission
Karla Marksa 27A 5th Floor
Dnepropetrosk
49044
Ukraine

Note: If you are planning on sending a package to Sis. McCrea, please contact her mom and dad for suggestions on which carrier to use and what to do to avoid package tampering.
________________________________________

Elder Mitchell McCrea's Contact Information:

Email: mitchell.mccrea@myldsmail.net

Brazil Physical Address (For Postal Mail and Packages):

Elder Mitchell McCrea
Brazil Belem Mission
Av. Navare, 532 Sala 412 4 Andar
Navare Royal Trade Center
66040-143 Belem-PA
Brazil

Note: If you are planning on sending a package to Elder McCrea, please contact his mom and dad for suggestions on which carrier to use and what to do to avoid package tampering.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mariah, week 41, Zaporozhye


Hello world.

 Because I basically have less than 10 minutes left, this week's letter will be short.

During the last few days, I've been taking to liking a new scripture theme for myself for this transfer. It's from D&C 64, verse 33: "be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great."

Out of the small efforts that I make everyday -- to try and talk to everyone that I see on the streets, to talk the people who I sit next to on marshootki, to visit and strengthen the less-actives in our area -- out of remembering to do the little things, starts a great foundation. As a missionary, I have had a bad habit of just going from day-to-day, trying to do my hardest, but I just haven't felt satisfied at the end of the day. Just incredibly exhausted. And sometimes I forget to do the little things. But after I found this scripture during personal study on Friday, I am doing all that I can to ingrain this scripture into my daily missionary work. Not just so I can look back on my mission and feel satisfied with my work. I'm also starting to realize that all that I do as a missionary, it will relate to real life when I get home and I don't have to wear a missionary tag 24/7. I need not to be weary in my well-doing, because I am laying the foundation for my life. The skills that I'm developing now as a missionary will help me in the future. And because I will not be weary in my work -- the Lord will bless me and my efforts. "I, the Lord, am abound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." I have faith. And more importantly, I have the faith to be able to act on this small amount of faith that I think I have.

And that's the moral of Sister McCrea's story of missionary service this week.

In other news, the weather is really bi-polar in Ukraine. I'm talking about one day it's near freezing and within a few days, it's warm and sunny out. Like today. :) Today is beeee-U-tee-ful!

And to close... with a classic missionary testimony. I know that the message that I am sharing with people here in Zaporozhye Ukraine is true. If it wasn't -- I wouldn't be here. I haven't had a chance to watch General Conference yet, but I know that the Lord is leading His work on the earth today through His prophet, Thomas S. Monson and his apostles. I know that the short, but sweet, 18 months that I am able to spend here in Ukraine, spreading the good news is the closest that I will ever get to knowing what it's like to be an apostle. And I can't believe that my time is already halfway over. I don't ever want to leave! But I am grateful that I am able to consecrate my time and efforts to the Lord. This is all for Him and the salvation of my heavenly brothers and sisters. 

Love you all!

xoxo 
Sister McCrea

No comments:

Post a Comment