Sister Mariah McCrea's Contact Information:

Email - mariah.mccrea@myldsmail.com

Ukraine Physical Address (For Postal Mail and Packages):

Sister Mariah Sargent McCrea
Ukraine Dnepropetrovsk Mission
Karla Marksa 27A 5th Floor
Dnepropetrosk
49044
Ukraine

Note: If you are planning on sending a package to Sis. McCrea, please contact her mom and dad for suggestions on which carrier to use and what to do to avoid package tampering.
________________________________________

Elder Mitchell McCrea's Contact Information:

Email: mitchell.mccrea@myldsmail.net

Brazil Physical Address (For Postal Mail and Packages):

Elder Mitchell McCrea
Brazil Belem Mission
Av. Navare, 532 Sala 412 4 Andar
Navare Royal Trade Center
66040-143 Belem-PA
Brazil

Note: If you are planning on sending a package to Elder McCrea, please contact his mom and dad for suggestions on which carrier to use and what to do to avoid package tampering.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Mariah, Week 1, Day 5, Provo MTC

June 23, 2013

Week 1, Day 5 at the MTC (And I'm sure in a few days I'll lose count of how many days I've been here.)

Dear Mom, Dad, Mitchell, Noire, Trix, Kiki, and/or whoever else just so happens to read my letters,

First things first: did you guys get to see the worldwide leadership missionary broadcast?  I did.  And I actually got to see it in person!  It was cool seeing the General Authorities up close like that.  Or at least closer than I did when I watched General Conference.  Anyway.  So what did you guys think?  Especially how they're really going to start pushing member missionaries (which is something I remember Dad commenting on).  I also thought it was cool how they threw in the thought of the Church leaders working together with the missionaries and Church members to help bring people to the gospel and show them love and that they're wanted.

There was something else, a nice little comment made - in Relief Society - how we shouldn't be scared, something I am at times.  I need to learn to not be scared because Heavenly Father trusts me to do His work.  He doesn't really need me because there are thousands of others out there who can and will take my place in the ranks.  The mission is a privilege for me.  And I should treat it as such.  (That was said by someone in the Relief Society Presidency here in the MTC...whose name I didn't write down.)  But back to the missionary broadcast - someone else said something similar (I din't write down people's names...something that I need to do from now on).  They said to invite others to come unto Christ because you love them, not because you're scared to offend them.  Which is something that I definitely need to work on.

So that's that...but Russian.  It's coming along okay.  It's only day 5 and we've taught 2 lessons to our "investigator" in Russian.  When I think about that, my mind feels blown!  I seriously can't really believe it.  And not to mention  that I can almost say a whole prayer in Russian too!  (Granted, I'm limited to the few phrases that are in my language book, but who cares!  I still think it's cool!

My companions are okay.  Cectpa Garff is a real angel.

Well, I think that's it for now, I guess.

Sincerely,

Me
(Me because I'm not exactly sure how to sign these letters, either Mariah or cectpa McCrea)

PS - You can use dearelder.com to send me letters that will get to me the day that you send them.  It's basically like an email and the people at dearelder.com print the letter off on paper, tape it up and deliver it to me before the day's over.  I'm not sure how much it costs or anything, but Aunt Laura used it to send a letter to me and it was cool.

PSS - Can you add my address to the Sunday Branch newsletter?  Please?  And how's it going with making my missionary plaque?  Do you all need me to send you guys a photo of me?  Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment